Here are instructions for updating your password on the Portuguese tax office's online portal, "Portal das Finanças".
When you get a NIF through Bordr, we will request a password from the Portuguese tax office on your behalf. The Portuguese tax office will mail us a physical copy of your password and we will forward that to you.
You will use this password to get access to their online portal called "Portal das Finanças". Portal das Finanças is where you will interact with the Portuguese tax office.
The first thing you should do after receiving your password is to log in and update your password to something only you know.
Follow the instructions below to update your Portal das Finanças password.
1. Go to www.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt and click on the "Iniciar Sessão" button
2. Input your NIF number* in the first field, the password provided to you via email in the second field and then click the blue button.
*Your NIF is located in the first box on the left side of the PDF document provided by Financas.
3. On the homepage, locate the search bar then type "senha" (this means "password"). Hit enter on your keyboard or click the search icon.
4. Under the heading "Alterar Dados de Acesso", click "Aceder". Translation: "Change Access Data" > "Access"
5. You will be prompted to re-enter your password.
6. Click the checkbox beside "Alterar Senha". Translation: "Change Password"
7. Enter your new password (with a minimum of 8 characters) in both the form fields then click the green button.
And that's how you update your password on Portal das Finanças!
Last updated: April 20, 2022